Ok, lets say you have a link to a file that you want but you are on a machine or device that you cannot download to. This could be your work computer, a smartphone (iPhone or Android) or a tablet device (iPad). sideCLOUDload can do the job for you.
- All you have to do is put the link url in the "Source URL" text box
- add your Dropbox credentials or your email address.
- Hit submit.
- Then TADA! you now just sideCLOUDloaded a file from a website to your Dropbox or email account without actually downloading the file.
Your privacy is extremely important to us. With the new version of our website, we do not require you to provide us with your Dropbox username and password to sideload to your account.
We currently give you the option to save your sideload defaults to your browser. That means your information is stored on your computer or mobile device and not in the cloud.
- copy or drag and drop this sideCLOUDload link to your bookmarks toolbar.
- If you don't see the bookmarks toolbar, go to View and select 'Show Bookmarks Bar'.
By default the sideCLOUDload bookmarklet sends your file to dropbox to the directory of "sidecloudload" with the autosubmit off.
By using our bookmarklet generator you can customize your sideCLOUDload bookmarklet
- sCl Bookmarklet
DragNDrop or copy this link to your bookmarklet
- linkURL+'&cloudService=Dropbox (You can use dropbox or email.)
- &dropboxDirectory=sidecloudload (Type any directory you wish it to go to.)
- &submitIt=false')); (change the attribute to true if you want sideCLOUDload to automatically submit your url.)
You can easily have several bookmarklets to go to different dropbox accounts and/or directories.
Send files from a url directly to "the cloud" (currently Dropbox and Email) without downloading to your computer or mobile device.